...Because not everyone celebrates Christmas. Many thanks to Lisa Brisbois from The Wisdom Practice who helped me out with today's post.
If you are celebrating Hanukkah you may have already used some of the planning tips in our countdown to December 25. Your countdown is ending sooner though as Hanukkah starts this year December 21 at sunset and lasts 8 days to December 29 at sunset. Lisa offered these tips to get organized.
- Send Hannukah cards to family and friends.
- Decide who’s doing the family Hanukkah party this year. How many people are coming?
- Buy the fixings to make latkes for the party.
- Check your box of December decorations if you have one: is the dreidl set for the kids to play with still there? Do you need to get a new one?
- Dig out the Mennorah and check your Candle supply for it.
- Buy Hannukah gelt to give away or enjoy for yourself!
- Find your family’s copy of the story of Hannukah so you can read it to your kids and remind them of the Maccabees and the miracle of light.
- Buy eight small appropriate gifts for your kids, one for each day of Hanukkah.